2019 Louisville Belted Galloway Show Rules
Click here for printable show rules
- NAILE will collect an entry fee of $50/head entered and $15 for Junior showmanship. Entries should be made through NAILE online system at livestockexpo.com or mail entry forms to NAILE, P. O. Box 37130, Louisville, KY 40233.
- Exhibitors must be members in good standing with the Belted Galloway Society, Inc.
- Animals must be registered or recorded in the Belted Galloway Society Herd Book or other Society recognized Herd Book.
- Animals must be in good physical condition and typical of the breed in conformation. “Good physical condition” shall include but not be limited to the absence of any infectious condition such as ringworm or warts.
- Original registration or recordation papers will be required at check in. Any animal without a legible tattoo will not be allowed to show.
- Bulls over 12 months of age are required to wear a nose ring, either temporary or permanent and must have a lead attached when being lead.
- All bulls exhibited must have two descended testicles. No cryptorchid bull will be allowed.
- Bulls exhibited at 16 mos. of age or older must be accompanied by a certificate documenting that they have passed a bull soundness exam.
- Heifers exhibited born January 1, 2018 or later can be shown open, heifers born December 31, 2017 or earlier must have a certificate of pregnancy by a licensed veterinarian or verified by an accredited pregnancy blood test, or accompanied by an original certificate of embryo recovery, in order to show.
- Females that are 30 months or older must show in the cow/calf class with a calf at side. Calves exhibited in the cow/calf class cannot be over 230 days of age.
- Animals must be purebred and registered in the Herd Book to qualify for the purebred show. This will include purebred, properly marked heifers, bulls, purebred steers and purebred mis-marked heifers.
- Percentage Belted Galloway animals must be recorded in the Herd Book to be eligible to be exhibited in the percentage Belted Galloway Show which would include percentage heifers and steers.
- The show order of the show will be purebred, properly marked heifers, cow/calf, bulls, group classes followed by purebred steers, percentage steers, purebred, mis-marked heifers and percentage heifers.
- 14. Group classes:
a. Only purebred properly marked Belted Galloway heifers and bulls can be shown in group classes.
b. All animals shown in the breeders herd class must be owned or co-owned by the exhibitor at least 30 days prior to the show.
c. There will only be 3 group classes, Get of Sire, Produce of Dam and Breeders Herd, which will consist of 4 animals, owned or co-owned by exhibitor at least 30 days before the show, represented in any configuration.
- All Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion animals shall be DNA verified at the Society’s expense.
- To compete in Junior Showmanship classes with an animal, the Exhibitor must be a Junior member of the Society and be 8 years of age or older. No bulls over 7 months of age may be used in showmanship and any animal deemed unruly or dangerous while in the ring can be dismissed at the judge’s discretion. Only one handler per animal will be allowed in the ring during Showmanship.
- The show committee reserves the right to split over-enrolled classes and combine under-enrolled classes.
- Substitution: Should any entry be substituted for another, no new fees are required, however registration papers must be submitted with the request for substitution. Substitutions must be made by November 1. Substitutions may be made within class only. See General Rule 14 on page 14.
- The show committee reserves the right to disqualify any animal that has been fitted in an unethical manner. Unethical fitting shall include any injection of gas, solid or liquid under the skin to alter conformation, any additions of artificial tail heads or polls, any surgical alteration of animal’s shape, as well as any dyeing with coloring which alters the animal’s natural color pattern. Artificially filling animals internally (pumping) is strictly prohibited.
- Exhibitors are responsible for making sure entries are in the staging area before their classes are called. Exhibitors that do not enter the show ring within 3 minute of the announcer’s final call, forfeit the right to compete in that class.
- Decisions of the judges are final except where mistake, fraud or misrepresentation is proven. Complaints, if any, must be tendered in writing to the Show committee. Cost of any investigations shall be borne by the complainant if allegations are dismissed, or by the exhibitor against whom the complaint was issued, if allegations are proven correct.
- All protests must be made within 24 hours of the show.
- Interference with or disrespect shown to the judge by any exhibitor during the performance of the judge’s duties shall be deemed grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Exhibitors must obey all rules of the Belted Galloway Society, Inc and the North American International Livestock Exposition or be disqualified. Failure of exhibitors to follow the rules and release times shall not be allowed back the next year.
- Exhibitors will be able to set up (time and date)
- Unattended animals must be double-tied with halter rope plus neck rope or two halters, two ropes.
- All animals will be required to be weighed and measured. No exceptions.